Don’t believe me? – well, it’s true! It might feel like winter outside, god knows there’s a chill in the air, but Spring is on its way and the just launched new Stella & Dot Spring 2012 collection just brought it a whole lot sooner. From the classic Italian glamour looks of the Amalfi collection, with gorgeous jewel hues of blues and green, to the exotic urban safari looks of the Savanna range, there’s something that’s sure to catch your eye. Here are my top 5 looks from the new Spring line:
- The Bianca Tassel Necklace (£120) I just LOVE, and not just because it’s called “the Bianca” (although I like to think it was perhaps named after me?!). Antiqued chains are anchored with shiny gold plated stations and end with a hook and on-trend tassel. I love the uniqueness of this piece and the versatility of it, you can wear it fastened low for a loose, open feel, which looks great with a shirt, or fasten it high for a dramatic statement, which works great for evenings. The tone of the gold looks great over white or black/navy, but I also love it over a pop colour like orange. Simply stunning!
2. The Serenity Small Stone Drops – lapis (£29) are amongst my favourite earrings in the new collection. Perfect for pairing with Spring’s white hot whites, they are hand cut, and faceted dyed jade drops that are hand-set in a shiny gold plated hammered bezel.
Plus, they’re lead and nickel free, and hypo-allergenic. They also come in a beautiful aqua green colour, which is stunning, but I’m more of a navy girl so I think the lapis ones will become my go-to earrings of the Spring.
3. The Moondance Stretch Bracelet (£32) is another of my straight-out-of-the-gate favourites, because it’s so stylish and easy to wear.
Shiny white bronze and hematite beads are set off by a duo of Czech stone black diamond pave orbs. It also looks great layered with other bracelets in silver and/or hematite for a textured look.
4. The Bahari Necklace (£85) is from the Savanna collection, which takes its inspiration from the place where it gets its name. The Bahari is one of my favourites in the collection because it is a striking, stunning statement necklace at a great price point. It combines three strands of mixed semi precious and acrylic stones in deep, rich blues and golds, which drape from shiny gold plated links and metallic thread.
The combination of the lapis blue and the gold mean it’s really wearable over a pop colour like orange, but it also looks stunning worn over a print or even of course over a neutral, or warm tones like mustards and browns. The contrast against the blue is really striking.
Finish the look with simple gold earrings and on the wrist just go for anything gold toned, I’d probably go for the Renegade Cluster bracelet, which I wear with virtually everything!
5. Goddess Teardrop Earrings – in rose gold (£29) I’m really loving the rose gold trend, because it looks beautiful with every skin tone.
There are a number of stunning rose gold pieces in the Spring collection, amongst my favourites are these, the Goddess Teardrop Earrings, which feature a handset crystal ear wire.
There are lots more beautiful gems and jewels in the Spring collection, take a look and fall in love…
Order online at Stella & Dot - free shipping on all orders over £40.
Keep in touch with Stella & Dot news, sales, and trend alerts by LIKING my Stella & Dot Facebook page, click here.
I am a stylist for Stella & Dot in the UK and do earn commission on any jewellery I sell for Stella & Dot, but these opinions of the jewellery are my own and are honest, and the jewellery is truly gorgeous!